Benefits of Xylitol
Xylitol is recommended by the American Dental Association to help fight the bacteria responsible for tooth decay.
What is Xylitol?
Xylitol is a naturally occurring carbohydrate extracted from plants, that looks and tastes just like regular table sugar and has been used in foods since the 1960’s. Xylitol does not promote the development of cavities and in fact helps in the reduction of plaque forming bacteria. Unlike sugar and refined carbohydrates that feed and grow the Bad bacteria that cause plaque and gingivitis, Xylitol starves them to death. Therefore, making your mouth fresher and cleaner every time you use it. The Dental benefits of Xylitol are numerous and research proves that Xylitol even repairs damage to your tooth enamel. This is a product that everyone should be using.
The Benefits of Xylitol
- Reduces plaque forming bacteria and debris
- Reduces the ability of plaque to adhere to teeth
- Xylitol stimulates the production of saliva
- Helps to control dental plaque and mutans streptococci (bacteria that cause tooth decay)
- Re-mineralization of tooth enamel
Benefits for Children Under Age 12
- Studies have shown xylitol blocks the transmission of mutans streptococci(bacteria that causes tooth decay) from mother to child
Benefits for Older Adults
- Holds and keeps the aging related salivary bacteria at a steady level
- Relieves dry mouth caused by medications that reduce of saliva production
Xylitol’s Health Benefits beyond Dental Health: A Comprehensive Review
WARNING! Xylitol is NOT safe for animals. Do not feed or use Xylitol products with pets, it can result in serious harm.